F1 Barcelona 2012

The Barcelona F1 2012 is staged at the Catalunya Circuit in a small town called Montmelo, just 20km North-East of Barcelona.

The main race takes place on Sunday the13th of May 2012, with practice and qualifying sessions from Friday the 11th of May to Saturday 12 May 2012, so you can make a weekend in Barcelona of the event with a 3 day pass. See our Barcelona apartments for accommodation during the Barcelona F1 2012.

Tickets for the F1 can be purchased from Feelathomeinbarcelona at a discounted rate of 20% for all clients during the event, or from the official website. To reach the Catalunya Circuit you can catch the train from either Barcelona Sants, Passeig de Gracia or Clot rail stations in Barcelona to Montmelo station, the nearest stop to the Catalunya F1 race circuit. It takes half an hour and costs 2.20€ one way.

Once at Montmelo you can walk to the race circuit but it is not a nice walk along some large roads, taking aroughly 30 minutes. There is a shuttle bus between the Rail station and the Catalunya circuit, free of charge for people with tickets.

This entry was posted in Activities - Spring, Barcelona a world city, Barcelona Apartments, Barcelona F1 2012, Sporting activities in Barcelona, Transport in Barcelona. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to F1 Barcelona 2012

1. Jon from Overnight Prints says:

So I need to book an apartment in Barcelona to have a 20% discount on my entrance for the Circuit de Catalunya? If that so, I think that’s a great offer:) and by the way thanks for posting the direction on how to get there. It’s a big help for us not to get lost.:)

2. Edward from Miami Homes says:

Just like MotoGp I love watching F1 Racing, how I wish I could go there and see it live.

3. Teyona from Real Estate Park City UT says:

OMG! I like to see F1 race and Barcelona is the lucky place to host the famous race. I wish I could go there. Congratulations Barcelona!

4. Tinu from Continuum South Beach says:

MotoGP and F1 are my most favorite racing. With the Catalunya race circuit this will be a great race. I guess this will on ESPN Sports :)

5. Tiffany from Richardsons Holiday Villages says:

A lot of people wants to watch F1. This will surely boost the tourism in Barcelona this year. :)

6. Homer from Miami Homes says:

I love this sport. How I wish I could visit Barcelona to watch live this great race.

7. Jem says:

It would really be exciting to witness the F1 in Barcelona.Thanks for the directions!

8. Sam from Compare The Value says:

I love watching F1 even just on TV. Any news or photos about the event there?

9. Edongzki from My Blog says:

Barcelona is a perfect place for this great race. I love racing. Ride safe.