Since the 1992 Olympic Games, the city of Barcelona has attracted not just tourists but also many new residents as well. Today, it has grown into a lively cosmopolitan city because of its colourful culture and spectacular tourist attractions. In fact, it’s not uncommon to rent a car and go on a road trip from Barcelona and drive as far as Portugal or parts of France.
One of the reasons why people flock to Barcelona is its warm Mediterranean climate that can be enjoyed all year round. And most residents take advantage of the summer heat by living in flats with a terrace.
Here are some tips on how to make the most out of the Barcelona warmth with a beautiful terrace in your home.
1. Adding a balcony is a cost effective home improvement. It retains heat and provides an extension of your living space without any hassle.
2. A balcony can also provide shade and protection. Make sure that it’s properly covered and well-maintained. A closed area in the balcony offers additional storage space as well.
3. Open up endless possibilities for your home by making use of your terrace or balcony for barbecue parties, pool for your kids, or an entertainment area for your guests.
4. Balcony kits can be purchased but planning is required to ensure the stability of your terrace. Proper measurements need to be taken and make sure that you have enough space to fit your chosen balcony.
5. If you’re planning on adding a terrace to your flat, it is recommended to get the services of a professional builder. Building designers can provide you with a design fit for your home for a fee so shop around and look for services that fit your budget.
With these tips in mind you can surely enjoy the typical Mediterranean climate that Barcelona offers. May, June, and September are perfect for hosting your parties in your terrace because it is neither too cold nor too hot. But in general, Barcelona offers a perfect weather all year round.